Friday, November 4, 2011

LIFE OF THE TALENTED:

        I've been thinking about how many people tell me how I'm talented and I have so many gifts. Well here is something I have to say about that:

        Maybe I'm gifted in so many ways, even though sometimes its hard for me to see it (don't ask me how, it just is). I paint, I take beautiful pictures, blablabla... I'm tired of how people go "WOW! OMG! HOW DID YOU DO THAT! " and all that other crap... yeah whatever! At the end of the day you realize  they are just words. Maybe sometimes they are beautiful, encouraging, reassuring, well the negatives are insulting, but at the end of the day when you think about it, they are just words and then the words fade with time.

        The life of an artist isn't easy. Sometimes I ask myself why have so many talents if they do you no good. Maybe I'm not doing enough with them. I've tried to show them to the world, just so I don't keep them to myself.. So maybe I can say I was here, I lived, I saw, and I was talented in this and that, yet still its not enough. Lucky is the smart man, who did well in school, got good grades, graduated with honours and hacked themselves a good job after college, because he was high in demand, because he had so many opportunities. Lucky is that man because everything came easy for him.

        The life of an artist isn't easy, we may have admirers, critics, pointers, but at the end of the day our natural talents are God given and our rewards are minimal. We are expected to be humble and not complain; because we can only expect so much from what we have and give to the world. We can't force everyone to like what we give them. Look at an aspiring artist like me for example, I have so many paintings in my room, they are all beautiful... I know because I've been told, but that's about it. No buyers, no money out of my paintings and other talents. They just sit there, yet people say they are beautiful and I should keep doing what I do.

        My talents are just for lookers, addition to the beauty that God already gave. I ask myself, "I can paint so what!? So can that guy over there, so can that other guy, so what!? Its beautiful, so what!? so is that couch over there in my living room, so is that other piece of furniture, so what!? oh wow its beautiful, so what! That's about it, at the end of the day I'm still struggling. I haven't established myself anywhere in life. I can't make ends meet. Lucky is the smart man, who did well in school, got the highest grades and found himself the best job and doesn't worry about how he will make his ends meet. Life of the talented, it takes a lot to be appreciated, but at the end of the day, we still do it anyway.

Lucky are those who get to succeed in doing the things they love, and make a living out of it. I love this song and video cause it makes me fight for my dreams, I know I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment