Thursday, July 7, 2011

What of progress in Kenya?

Yesterday I came across this post on twitter: http://www.news-world.us/pics/2010/08/22/60-worst-countries-in-the-world/.
I was disappointed to find out that Kenya was listed as the 13th worst country in the world. Such a disappointment to say the least! Its hard to believe that in this time and age we still have the slums and poverty going around, while they are busy expanding the roads, making fly-overs and what not. The airport and the railway lines have been the same since colonial times or as I can remember. Makes no sense! Let me not get political. I just hope one day Kenyans will put aside their differences, and think of themselves as one. We need to stop thinking of only bettering ourselves as individuals and start helping others also. That being said, we need to work on unity amongst ourselves, example if you're still bothered about my tribe and where I come from, then it means that you're not ready to put aside our differences. The same goes for the different classes of people. The rich keep getting richer, and the poor getting poorer... more like abandonment if you ask me, "WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment